The West Bank has been a vital part of greater New Orleans since the city’s inception. It is home to some of the most diverse demographics in the region. Yet it also has substantial populations of deep-rooted locals, folks who speak with New Orleans accents, who practice old cultural traits with a minimum of pomp and self-awareness, and, in some cases, who retain family ownership of lands held since antebellum times. The West Bank makes up 30 percent of the metro population, and a commensurate amount of its urbanized footprint. It is, in short, integral to greater New Orleans in every way.
These beautiful glitters are all opal-iridescent irregular-cut custom-mixes
Cities that make up the Bestbank
1. Gretna - This glitter is a silver irregular flake with a iridescent of the same cut that has purple and green shifts. As one of Louisiana's largest national historic register districts, Gretna is steeped in history and intrigue. Stroll through Gretna's downtown historical district and discover the unique architecture and landmarks. Also home of the Gretna Heritage Festival every October.
2. Marrero - An irregular champagne flake custom mixed with an opal-iridescent glitter to make a one of a kind glitter. Marrero is a census-designated place located in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana. Marrero is on the south side, referred to as the “West Bank” of the Mississippi River. Marrero was named in honor of the Louisiana politician and founder of Marrero Land Company, Louis Herman Marrero.
3. Harvey - A beautiful yellow-gold irregular cut glitter with an opal iridescent of the same cut. Harvey is located on the West Bank of the Mississippi River and on the Harvey Canal which is a vital shipping route to the Gulf of Mexico. It is bordered to the east by Gretna, to the west by Marrero. The original owner of the land was Jean-Baptiste d'Estrehan de Beaupre, royal treasurer and comptroller for the French Louisiana colony. Harvey features numerous hotels, restaurants, shopping, a casino and lots of family-friendly activities!
4. Crown Point - This is a beautiful mix of a purple/lavender holo irregular cut mixed with a opal iridescent mix. Crown Point is known for it's scenic bayou hideaways, swamps and great fishing. See live gators on a swamp tour with the Louisiana Tour Company. Take a step back in time with Airboat Adventures. Dance the Cajun two-step at Bayou Barn! Restaurant des Familles offers delicious Creole and Cajun fare in a unique setting along the beautiful Bayou des Familles.
5. Luling - A beautiful rose pink mixed with opal iridescent making a one of a kind irregular custom mix. Luling began as St. Denis, named as such by a railroad owner and known locally as Old Town or Cajun Town before being known as Gassenville. Luling was dominated for years by a series of sugar plantations, their names still part of local geography, from Lone Star and Davis to Ellington and Ashton.
6. Barataria - Holo peony purple flakes mixed with an opal iridescent. It's a beautiful custom irregular mix. The Barataria Bay is separated by two Gulf barrier islands, Grand Isle and Grand Terre. The lower-lying area of Barataria is a marshland consisting of several small islands. The area of Barataria extends from the Town of Jean Lafitte and is noted for shrimping, fishing, sulfur production and trapping. Swamp and bayou tours, kayaking and canoeing are popular activities. French-Cajun heritage is prevalent in everything from dialect and cuisine to music and dance.
7. Terrytown - This glitter is a light clover green irregular cut with an opal iridescent that gives off purple and green shifts. Terrytown was opened to the public and considered founded on March 6, 1960, by subdivision developer Paul Kapelow, who named the town after his first daughter, Terry Kapelow. Terrytown includes Oakwood Center, a major shopping mall in the New Orleans metropolitan area.
8.Westwego - A lime green holo irregular cut mixed with an opal iridescent that gives of beautiful shifts of color. Westwego borders some of Louisiana's most picturesque bayous and swamps. The City of Westwego is the launching point for several swamp tours and bayou excursions. If you're looking for the best seafood around, look no further than the "locally" famous Westwego Shrimp Lot. Find fresh crabs, fish, shrimp and more. You can even see the shrimp boats docked just a few blocks away!
9. Boutte - This is a spectacular opal iridescent white in a irregular cut with pink, magenta, and blue shifts. Boutte was named for Tisaphane Boutte and his son, J.L, who resided near Boutte Station prior to the Civil War. Boutte has numerous culturally significant historical settings for everyone to experience. Homeplace Plantation House, Destrehan Plantation, and Dorvin House, are certainly worth checking out.
All glitter that I buy from Mr. Nola’s is amazingly beautiful this is no exception. It was super sparkly on my tumbler. Love it!
Wow that's gorgeous
GORGEOUS...It looked pretty online but in person ut was absolutely gorgeous. Can't wait to use it on tons of cups.
Beautiful as always. Love Mr. Nolas glitter
May be new favorite
I can't tell you how happy I am with the whole experience! My order was processed and shipped really (like, really, really) fast. The quality is exquisite and the customer service is spot on! Mr Nola's is the only place I order my glitter. There's always always something new or sparkly to be found. And their epoxy? Amaze-balls!!!
I bought 3 different colors. They were all beautiful. Excellent as always